HOW TO BE A GOOD BOSS IN A PANDEMIC
Here are some tips for you:
- Do frequent check-ins with your team. Remember that check-ins are not check-ups. Don't be a micromanager.
- Show some empathy. People aren't working from home. They are working "at" home, during a pandemic.
- While working "at" home, they're also dealing with their families and everything else. Consider that before demanding productivity.
- Team members are doing more video meetings and there's little balance left in work and life. Don't expect that longer working hours will help people deliver more. Burnout is a real thing.
- Remember, everyone is different. People are trying to cope with the situation. Give them benefit of doubt and help them.
- These are the times that people will remember forever. They'll also remember how they were treated. You would prefer to be remembered as a nice boss and not as an a.. (fill in the blanks yourself!).
- Take care of your mental and physical health. That comes first!